Tuesday, February 24

Random Notes

Okay, so I saw some other *ugh* blogger do this, and I thought I'd give it a go, too.



I'm going to randomize my complete music library into a playlist. I present here the first 20 songs, good and bad, embarrassing and not.



Here they are:

1) We're Going To Be Friends - The White Stripes

2) All This Useless Beauty - Elvis Costello

3) We'll Meet Again - Johnny Cash

4) Headache - Frank Black

5) One Week - Barenaked Ladies

6) Pontiac - Lyle Lovett

7) Politik - Coldplay

8) Carnival of the Animals, The Swan - Saint-Saens (not sure of composer. This is some classical piece)

9) Sing It Again - Beck

10) I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles

11) Eyes Without A Face - Billy Idol

12) Courage - The Tragically Hip

13) Tomb Of The Boom - Outkast

14) Simple Pages - Weezer

15) Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police

16) Old King Kong - George Jones

17) Twist The Knife - Neko Case

18) The Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young

19) Lonestar - Norah Jones

20) Daisies of the Galaxy - Eels



Okay, so as I was typing this, I took the liberty to remove repeat artists. For instance, Elvis Costello showed up again at #18 with "What's Her Name Today", and Johnny Cash repeated at #9 with "See Ruby Fall". So, this is actually the first 22 songs in the "All My Songs" playlist.



Not a bad mix, if I do so say. If I was to burn it to a CD, I'd probably remove the classical piece and Billy Idol, plus take out "One Week" simply because it's been an over-played radio staple.



No comments: