Sunday, October 26

I am witnessing an odd

I am witnessing an odd event happening outside my window.

The street in front of our house has the slightest decline. The hill is not so steep that you couldn't push a car-that-does-not-start up it. Believe me, I know.

There are currently 5 girls, about 12-14 years old, taking turns pushing each other, in a little red plastic wagon, down this slight hill. Two or three will run and push the rider and wagon afterwhich they go maybe 30 yards on their own. Then they pull the rider and wagon back up the hill for another girl to take her turn. Another indicator of just how slight the hill is: a girl pulling the wagon back 'up' can pull the wagon and two riders as well. This is not steep.

Now, what is unusual to me about this event is that it's 5 girls. Five boys doing this wouldn't seem odd. Even if, say, 2 of the 5 were girls, it wouldn't seem that odd. But it's five girls. I think this is great. What also strikes me as odd is that they chose this part of this street. About a minute away there is a street that has a slightly steeper hill.



Somewhere, I'm sure, there are 5 newly-teenaged boys Easy-Baking.



No comments: