Friday, March 28

Wot? Is Him Famous Or Summit?

Yesterday, I returned to work from lunch, and I sensed "something was up". I saw a gaggle of women kind of lurking in the main area of the first floor of the ATC, looking rather anticipatory. It was as if they were waiting for something, without trying to look like they were waiting for something.

As I passed them, I felt them looking at me; felt like they were trying to guess if I was part of whatever it was they were waiting for. An odd feeling. I thought I overheard one of them say to another, about me "...he's going to the radio station". She sounded as if this was an exciting proposition. It was then that I clued in to the possibility that maybe there was something happening at the radio station. Maybe someone famous was here.

The annual seal hunt always brings a number of celebrities (2 years ago it was Paul McCartney and Heather Mills-McCartney, back when they were civil to one another) to protest the cruel and inhuman slaughtering of cute baby seals. Earlier in the morning yesterday, there were unconfirmed reports (later confirmed as false) that Paris Hilton was on the Island, so it was possible somebody famous was in our midst.

I went up to the third floor offices of our radio stations (where I work) and when I came in the door, I saw two hip looking strangers with huge cameras, plus one of our news department people, and I think someone from our promotions department. As I walked past the production studio, where the hip people were converged, I glanced in and saw Corey Tremere interviewing someone. Didn't get a good look at him, but heard him speaking with a British accent.

Rod, who I share an office with, didn't know what was going on, so it remained a mystery. After the interview was over, and the group was making its way out of the offices, I took the opportunity to "have to go to the bathroom" and walked past them. A tall, pretty good-looking guy seemed to be the centre of attention, but I didn't recognize him at all.

When I came back from the bathroom, they were all gone, and I heard the gaggle of women making excited noise on the first floor, so I assumed the group must have just emerged from the elevator down there.

Anyway, turns out it was this guy, here to protest the seal hunt:


Nigel Barker. Apparently he's America's Next Top Model's Hottest judge.

Oh, and I came across a Facebook pic of the gaggle (if ever there was one) of women, who finally got to meet Mr. Barker:



Technorati Tags: , , ,



No comments: