Thursday, May 25

Brokeback Prison?

I've been wondering about this for sometime now.  In the Elvis Presley classic, Jailhouse Rock, are the following lyrics:

Number forty-seven said to number three:
"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see.
I sure would be delighted with your company,
come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me."
So, what exactly is going on between Number 47 and Number 3?  Are they both men?  One would assume such, since I doubt the jail was co-ed.  In the '50's, when this song came out, I wonder was there any thought about the potential homosexual suggestiveness of this lyric?
I mean, what the hell is going on?  Questions need to be answered!!!


Technorati Tags: , , ,



1 comment:

coda said...

I've always wondered about that and was surprised that no one ever mentioned it before especially since Elvis' rep, one would think ,would be played up as the hunk for the ladies.