Friday, March 11

iPod iWishes

I like my iPod.  Very much.
There are things about it though, that I wish were better.  I'd like to see these ideas implemented:
- When you select "Songs" on the menu, the alphebetized list of all your songs is displayed.  It would be great if there was a better way to navigate around the (usually) huge listing.  To get to a song that begins with "S" for instance, it takes a bit of wheel-scrolling and all of a sudden you've zoomed to the end of your list.  I suppose that one could create Alphabet Smartlists, I suppose, to break the songs down alphabetically, but that's kind of a hassle.  I like being in the menu that contains all songs, and I'd like to be able to, I don't know, tab through the alphabet, get to the letter I want, then wheel-scroll through them.
-  I usually just listen to my full playlist, shuffled.  I like not knowing what song comes up next.  Sometimes, though, I'll hear a song come on and I'll think I'd like to hear more songs from that album, or artist.  I wish there was an easy one-or-two-click way to access that album or artist.  Currently I have to navigate to menu, then to artist, then to album and select it.
-  I wish there was a bit more user ability to alter tags.  Currently, about all one can do is give songs different ratings.  It would be great if you could, on your iPod, add short comments to the tags, or put songs in different playlists from your iPod.  For instance, let's say I'd like to have a playlist of songs that I'd like to learn how to play on the guitar.  It'd be great if, when listening to songs on the iPod, if I could mark the random songs that come on as "guitar" (or whatever).  Currently, I'd have to remember to remember that song later when I am on iTunes.



Anybody have any tips on how to make a pretty smart iPod experience even smarter?



No comments: