Thursday, April 24

My Thought of the Day: April 24, 2008

Will this be a new feature here on the old The Annekenstein Monster? Probably not. But it'll do for today.

My thought of the day:

I've (not often but I'll say) often imagined myself in some situation where I am told that someone has died and I'll say "I didn't even know he was sick" and it will be the perfect situation for that line. I have no idea what that perfect situation could be.

Also, maybe someday I'll be at a convention of, say, grammarians and I'll be at some conference on something-or-other. We'll be waiting for the conference to start, but then get word (erroneous, it will later be discovered) from that the person who was to present the conference has just died. I will then say "I didn't even know he was sic."



No comments: