Friday, June 16

Butch & Sundance & Rob

If you were an outlaw cowboy, would you want to be Butch Cassidy or The Sundance Kid?  Butch was an idea man, and I like that.  But Sundance was the one who caused people to shake.  Plus, I'm a sucker for the one who can shoot better.  And he's the one who got to bed Katharine Ross' character.  So, I'd have to choose Sundance.  Also, in my imagination, when I imagine myself as I could potentially be, I imagine myself as a young Robert Redford.  Blonde hair, blue eyes, rugged good looks.  That's what I'm all about.  Right, ladies?
Why am I thinking about this?  Because I recently watched the new Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD that was sent to me by a marketing company, after I agreed I'd post about it on my blog.  So, that's what I'm doing.  I'm posting on my blog about the new Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Yeah, so I'll willingly bend over and take it, as long as I get a sandwich or something out of the deal, you know what I mean?  The only losers in this deal are people like you, who have read this far expecting another of Rob's patented whimsies, only to discover that this post is nothing more than a (poorly) disguised advertisement.  For that I do apologize, but the lure of free merchandise was too great for me to ignore.  More sandwiches, please!
I've always been a fan of the movie, and was glad to receive the DVD.  (but then again, I was glad to receive the Pamela Anderson roast DVD too, even though I didn't really like much of it.  I guess I just like getting free things.)  It looks fantastic, the picture does. And there are plenty of extra features, commentaries and such. But truthfully, I'm not much of a person for extra features and whatnots.  So, I doubt I'll watch them.  I was glad to get the movie though.  I expect I'll watch it at least a few more times in my life.  And now that I'm thinking about it, probably the next time I watch it, I'll watch it with the commentary on.  Looking at some of the features, I am actually kind of interested in hearing director George Roy Hill's commentary.  I wonder if it's a recent commentary?  If so, I then wonder if it's full of vague reminiscences (is that how you spell that word?).  Also, I'll be interested to hear William Goldman's commentary, too.
And, now, honestly, I don't know whether I'm pitching the DVD, or if I'm actually typing honest thoughts about the DVD.  I suspect, though, that since I keep typing things like "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid" and "Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD", that I'm still pitching.
It's time to take me out, coach!  This corporate whore's arm is tired.
I now direct you back to regular, not-so-obvious shilling.  Well, except for the obviousness of my Sketch22 shilling.



No comments: