Friday, October 30

This Soul-less Song Makes Me Miss Michael Jackson

Here's the new single from Adam Lambert, he of American Idol 2nd place fame.

To be honest, I haven't listened to the whole thing.  I got pretty bored early on, and then skipped ahead a couple of times to see if the song got any better.

It didn't really.  It's not that it's a bad song.  It's okay.  It's too auto-tuned (but what isn't these days, other than Neko Case).

As I listened to its blandness, I thought "This sounds like it could have been a Michael Jackson song."  Then I started imagining how much better it could have been if MJ had recorded it.  He would've infused it with the energy that seems to be lacking.

And I'm talking about a Dead Michael Jackson.  That's how bland this song is - even a dead MJ would give it more zest than it currently musters.



Anyway, here's the song:





No comments: