Tuesday, December 14

Up On The Rooftop, Drip Drip Drip

'Twas two weeks before Christmas and all through the house
Cam sleeping, K reading, Rob clicking the mouse;
When up on the rooftop, a growing consternation,
Water was landing, Boomer calls it "precipitaiton".



"Oh no" yelled my wife. I asked "What's the matter?"
"Water!" says she.  "It's dripping, pitter patter."
I sprung from the 'puter to inspect where it dripped
And with each falling drop, panic more tightly gripped.



I ran up the stairs to the second-floor crawl space
But it was 11 o'clock and darkness covered the place.
"Where is the flashlight!?" I yelled to my dear.
"Cameron was using it.  It could be anywhere!"



I entered his room and stepped on some Lego,
Then muttered some swear words that will make me to Hell go
I turned on his light, the room illuminated
But no flashlight was there, a fact that I hated.



I ran down the stairs, to the basement so quick
And brought back a work light to elucidate the attic.
Into the space, past clothes and boxes I fighted
Until to the drip-source I finally had lighted.



Ah to hell with it.  Long story short:  We have a leak in our roof, I think from where a couple of shingles blew off.  It drips down a water-soaked rafter, onto some water-soaked support beams and right down into the middle of our livingroom.  It's difficult to catch, because in the crawl space, it doesn't drip anywhere, it just travels down the rafter.  It'll be repaired in a day or two.  Hopefully before any significant rainfall occurs.



No comments: