Wednesday, October 20

Heads or Tailspin

I don't know very much about the implications of politics on a global scale. But I'm worried that Bush will get re-elected. I honestly do not understand how common-sense people can willingly vote to give him another four years. Perhaps I'm buying too much into the liberal media spin over the past three years, but I don't think so. I really think there's a fundamental difference in his opinions of The Right Thing To Do, and my opinions, and in the last year in particular, I consider his opinions dangerous to the world. For a while I've given him the benefit of the doubt because, well, he's the President of the United States of America, and I'm, well, a nobody who doesn't know very much about the implications of politics on a global scale.



I have a feeling that, if Bush wins, a great number of people who voted for him will, the moment the results come in (or get pronounced in court), have that sense you get when choosing between two things you thought were equally appealing (or unappealing, as the case may be).

You know, like when you say "I don't know whether to eat the salad or the cheeseburger. I'll flip a coin and if it's heads I'll eat the salad. Tails I eat the cheeseburger" At the time, you may honestly think you don't have a preference between the two. But then, when you flip the coin and it comes up heads, you immediately realise that it was the cheeseburger you wanted all along. So you flip again, hoping this time it'll be tails.



Only in the US, it'll take four years before they can flip the coin again.



I expect the people of the US to come to their senses, and vote for Kerry in such numbers that there's little question as to the country's opinion about Bush policies.



I expect that, because I need to expect that. I'm also getting ready for a great disappointment.



1 comment:

graham said...

I have a feeling that Kerry may win, but I think the name of this feeling is hope, then again the polls are all bullshit, and I can't bring myself to believe that the Yanks will vote in another mad tyrannical puppet leader who will bring the world to the ninth inning. I also would like to state that there is this subconcious sociological fear of being "left". the media has successfully twisted normal thinking individual's minds into paranoid freaks. It is normal and intelligent to know that Bush is a dangerous puppet. He is. Any other theory on him is well crafted propaganda.... I need my own blog I think.
Enjoy your vacation, Rob, Thanks for the good shows. It truly has been an honour to work with you, and I look forward to the road ahead.
Buck Fush with 20000 rubber dicks