Monday, May 17

I'm Probsting Again

On a now defunct PEI themed web-board, I created an online game for the members of that board. We called it SurvivorPEI, and it followed, pretty much, the formula of the television version of Survivor. Two teams (eventually merged into a remaining group of individuals) of about 12-16 players competing in (sometimes whacky) challenges of my creation. Challenges that could by played entirely over the internet. The winner receives immunity, the losing team (or individuals) votes one of their own off.

We played it twice before, and each time was incredibly fun and always interesting. It was lots of hard work keeping the games moving, too the point where, despite the fun, I vowed to myself that I'd not 'host' another one.

Well, I'm hosting another one. Over at PEIinfo on their forum, we've just started a new 'season'. I've changed the name of the game to Cut-Throat Island this time around. We are currently in the second round, where each team must send me instructions on How To Shower. The first round challenge was a google-based test: each team's individual members had to send me a three-word google search that, when combined with all the other team searches, came as close as possible to 10,000,000 results.



The two teams this round are Zambooka and Axis of Feeble (names chosen by the players). Zambooka currently has 5 players, having lost one by losing the first round challenge. Axis of Feeble is still at the full complement of 6 players. Most players are Islanders, but there is one forum regular who is from California who is also playing.



If you're interested, drop by the forum and keep updated on who gets their Throat Cut, and who connives enough to remain to the bitter end.



No comments: