Okay, so I saw some other *ugh* blogger do this, and I thought I'd give it a go, too.
I'm going to randomize my complete music library into a playlist. I present here the first 20 songs, good and bad, embarrassing and not.
Here they are:
1) We're Going To Be Friends - The White Stripes
2) All This Useless Beauty - Elvis Costello
3) We'll Meet Again - Johnny Cash
4) Headache - Frank Black
5) One Week - Barenaked Ladies
6) Pontiac - Lyle Lovett
7) Politik - Coldplay
8) Carnival of the Animals, The Swan - Saint-Saens (not sure of composer. This is some classical piece)
9) Sing It Again - Beck
10) I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
11) Eyes Without A Face - Billy Idol
12) Courage - The Tragically Hip
13) Tomb Of The Boom - Outkast
14) Simple Pages - Weezer
15) Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
16) Old King Kong - George Jones
17) Twist The Knife - Neko Case
18) The Needle and the Damage Done - Neil Young
19) Lonestar - Norah Jones
20) Daisies of the Galaxy - Eels
Okay, so as I was typing this, I took the liberty to remove repeat artists. For instance, Elvis Costello showed up again at #18 with "What's Her Name Today", and Johnny Cash repeated at #9 with "See Ruby Fall". So, this is actually the first 22 songs in the "All My Songs" playlist.
Not a bad mix, if I do so say. If I was to burn it to a CD, I'd probably remove the classical piece and Billy Idol, plus take out "One Week" simply because it's been an over-played radio staple.