Wednesday, January 21

They Were The Stars In Our Eyes

Today I thought to myself "What song would I be embarrassed to admit I like?" The first song that popped into my head: Patio Lanterns by Kim Mitchell.



I'm not sure why I'm embarrassed to like this song. It's not a song I think about often, if ever. I don't have it in my music collection. I hear it about maybe once every 3 or 4 years, I'm guessing. It's not a bad song, has nice harmonies, invokes pleasant memories of adolescence. Yet, I am. I am embarrassed to admit I like this song. And what is astonishing to me is how immediately it answered my question.



Those of you trying to figure me out can add this bit of trivia to your theses.



And what of you? What song are you embarrassed to like?



9 comments:

frankie said...

As soon as you posed the question, "Macarena" popped into my head. I didn't even realize that I liked this song, but I must because it's the first song I thought of. Yikes, that's bad.

Rob MacD said...

Macarena is a pretty embarrassing song to like. Thanks for sharing.

dave s said...

my confession is a little more broad than an individual embarrassing song, my confession has to do with a whole embarrassing sub-genre of music. i'm a big fan of those terrible story songs from the 70s: harper valley pta, ode to billy joe, night the lights went out in gorgia, etc. i feel dirty.

Annie said...

You Needed Me by Anne Murray.
I'll bet you are embarassed on my behalf and yet, I'll bet you could sing part of it, if pressed.

Annie said...

You Needed Me by Anne Murray.
I'll bet you are embarassed on my behalf and yet, I'll bet you could sing part of it, if pressed.

dave m said...

oh god... the first thing that popped into my head was: 10cc "I'm not in Love".
But listen, you have to remember-- it was the 70's, okay? And I was weak from single-handedly fighting Disco in my high school.

Rob MacD said...

I almost got trampled by/in a fanatic audience stampede at an Anne Murray show. I'll not explain further.

Derek Martin said...

I confess to seeing a Foreigner concert in the 70's. Post Cold as Ice, but, I stress, pre I Wanna Know What Love Is.

christopher said...

Fighting disco was a noble thing to do, Dave. A dirty, dangereous, difficult, thankless task, but someone had to do it. I assume you also manned the barricades against the onslaught of mullets, kipper ties and platform shoes.