Monday, December 22

I Bet Those Lights'd Be Pretty

Once upon a time, for no real reason, I came up with a simple video sketch idea that might someday go in my huge as-yet-unproduced-sketch-comedy-show-that'll-never-happen. Basically, it's this feeble, old couple who drive around the city, looking at the Christmas lights. Only thing is, she doesn't know how to drive, and he has a condition that doesn't allow him to drive when it's dark. So, they drive around at noon, and have to imagine what the lights would look like if it was dark.



Well, tonight, I was driving home from St. Catherines and, I must say, I was glad I'm allowed to drive at night. Because it was a gorgeous night to be driving, and so many of the houses along the way home looked fantastic. I was mightily impressed with both the quantity and quality of houses decorated.



This year, I Scrooged and didn't bother to put up any lights or decorations outside the house. So, to those who made the effort this year to put up lights and such, I just want to say a big 'Thank you'.



1 comment:

frankie said...

That sounds like it would be a funny show Rob. We'll have to "imagine" it, just as the old folks have to "imagine" what those lights look like :)