Tuesday, October 21

Go to the Box Office

Go to the Box Office Oracle and fill in your own blanks to have the oracle tell you how much money your movie willl make. Since Hollywood is all about dollars, see if you can beat me. I grossed (domestically) 14-24 million dollars.

Here's what I did with a movie called "The Annekenstein Monster" (due to a problem with my browser, I couldn't use the 'choose other' option. If I could, I'd have made totally different picks):



The Annekenstein Monster (PG-13)

(Revenge Fantasy/Talking Animal)

Starring Ewan McGregor and Rosario Dawson

Also Featuring Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, and Maggie Gyllenhaal

Directed by John Woo

Screenplay by Stephen Gaghan



Projected Budget Range: $70-79 Million

Planned Release Date: November



Projected Box Office Receipts:

$16.63 million (Opening Weekend)

$94.86 million (Total Domestic Gross)



Chance of getting Oscar Nomination: 9%

Chance of winning at least one Oscar: 2%



Critic Most Likely to Praise: Ron Wells, Film Threat

Critic Most Likely to Skewer: Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post



No comments: